Monday, October 19, 2009

Not Too Bad

At the start of the project, I predicted that it was going to be difficult. I had never used any sort of wikimedia tool other than just for reading. Inexperience always adds some element of intimidation. However, it turned out to be easier than I thought. I chose my hometown, North Kingstown, where I've lived for over 12 years. I know the area pretty well so while I was reading through the pre-existing material on the wikitravel article, I was able to picture most of the places listed. I was also able to pick out wrong information and a bar mentioned that was recently closed down. I was able to think of a few new pieces of information that I could add, just off the top of my head. So I just did some research online, followed the mark-up and voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment