Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Scavenger Hunts and Adopted Personas

I've realized that this blog is harder than I thought. My subject is to post failures within written word and that requires actually finding original material. It's stuff that I have to look for and wait till it comes to me. It's become somewhat of a scavenger hunt. I find that I'm always on the lookout for word fails, any and every where. I even have friends and family on the lookout, asking them to take pictures if they come across anything. It's caused me to really examine the world around me; notice things that I normally wouldn't. I find myself actually becoming the persona that I've created for myself on my blog as "editor of the world". I've become rather critical of written word, both in things other people have written and things I have written. I'll probably go back and read this later and find various mistakes that I couldn't believe that I had missed. I'm not entirely sure if this is a good thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment